Blindman's Bluff Intl (Decker And Lazarus)

Blindman's Bluff Intl (Decker And Lazarus) - Faye Kellerman I'd call this a competent procedural, rather than an outstanding one. The primary irritant was a certain sloppiness in the writing: there were frequent sentence fragments in the narrative prose (while obviously dialogue has a whole different set of rules). And there were occasional word choice problems that should have been picked up by a reasonably conscientious copy-editor. That said, the plot unfolded well enough, and the southern California setting and the realities of the rich landowner and the migrant Mexican workers, as well as urban Hispanic gang youth, were well depicted as far as necessary for the plot. I did appreciate the occasional characterizing detail of Decker's life (he's Jewish), but I have general misgivings about these husband/wife "teams" - Anne Perry has one too - because it often seems that coincidences have to be forced in order to get them both legitimately involved in a case.

My first Faye Kellerman, and I'm not likely to go out and hunt down others; on the other hand, in a choice between boredom and another one in this series, I would read it.